Are you sick of having tight hamstrings?
Would you like to know how to stretch your hamstrings?
Then you may LOVE this simple lower body stretch you can do anywhere!
How to Stretch Your Tight Hamstrings
- From a standing position, feet slightly separated, bring one foot further forward from the other.
- Grasp the strap ends in either hand and anchor the strap middle around the front foot arch. Keep the front leg straight, bend the rear leg at the waist and knee.
- The further you drop your butt down, the deeper the stretch is felt.
- Pull the strap back to apply additional pressure on the hamstring (upper back portion of leg) and calf (lower back portion of leg).
- Hold this position for 20-30 seconds, ease the tension off and repeat the movement sequence.
- Switch sides and stretch the other side for equal time and intensity.
Other Great Lower Body Stretches
I remember learning this standing hamstring stretch in a physical therapy session.
Funny thing is…
I completely underestimated the effectiveness of this hamstrings stretch.
So, you may surprise yourself too!
Just a reminder, if you liked this post, then subscribe to get other articles like this one.
Also, you may enjoy my full home workout plans located at http://dalelroberts.com/my-book-shelf.
I’d love to hear how you do with this lower body stretch.
And, while you’re at it, what is one of your favorite stretches to loosen tight muscles?
Read more about strap stretches at:
While my greatest passions are health & fitness, writing and reading, I also love to spend time traveling with my wife, watching pro wrestling and playing guitar. I currently reside in Columbus, Ohio, with my wife, Kelli, and our rescue cat, Izzie.