Have you tried a staggered push up before?
Are you looking to spice up your upper body workouts?
How to Do a Staggered Push Up
- Place your hands shoulder-width apart on the ground with one hand slightly higher than the other.
- Place your toes on the ground, extend your arms below your shoulders with palms flat on the ground.
- Bend at the elbows until the upper arms are parallel to the floor.
- Then press through the palms and extend your arms back to start position.
- Keep your vision fixed on your fingertips.
- Breathe in while descending, exhale while ascending.
Different Types of Push Ups for Variety
This is a great exercise for isolated arm training and easing into a one arm push up.
Be sure to train the staggered position equally on both sides…
So switch your hand placement when halfway through the exercise set.
Be cautious when trying different types of pushups like this…
Your body needs to adapt to this exercise before you go balls to the wall on it.
Start with incline pushups with staggered hand placement…
Master that type of pushup, then progress to the next variation when your body is ready.
Hey, if you enjoyed this post, then subscribe to this blog for more exciting exercises.
I’d love to know how you do with the staggered push up…
So leave your comments down below.
Also, you may enjoy my home workout plans with different types of pushups and more at http://dalelroberts.com/my-book-shelf.
You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program. As with any exercise or diet program, if at any time you experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician. The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein. Any equipment or workout area that is used should be thoroughly inspected as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use and the user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.