Do you want the most effective core strength workout?
How would you like the solution to come in one easy core exercise?
Then, I have a core exercise that is quite possibly the most effective of core exercises.
The best part is that most anyone can do this exercise to build core strength while using your whole body.
- Begin with your legs together and your toes placed into the ground for support.
- Place your forearms flat on the floor with your elbows bent at 90°.
- You should be straight from ankles to shoulders and keep your head in a neutral position with your eye sight set on your hands.
- As you hold your position, tighten your abs and butt.
The Most Simple Core Exercises Variation
- Try separating your feet shoulder-width apart
- To make it even easier, start by supporting yourself on your knees instead of your toes
The Hard Core Exercises Variation
- Incorporate some movement, such as lifting one arm or leg and holding
- Shift your weight from one appendage to the other. I like to challenge myself by rotating my body in place.
How to Create the Best Core Workouts
Planks can be easy, or…
They can be challenging.
However you do it, just make sure that you use the plank exercise consistently for the best results.
Hold the position for 30-60 seconds for 5-10 sets with little rest between each exercise.
Once you master the basics, work your way up to the more complicated modifications.
Some Things to Remember in Your Core Strength Workout
- How long you hold it can be impressive, the better option is to master more complex variations for the same amount of time.
- Fitness is not so much about the quantity of what you do, but more so of the quality of how you do it.
- The small things add up and count toward a larger goal.
- Stay consistent, be patient and always challenge yourself!
Subscribe to this blog for updates on the latest posts and tips on the best core strengthening exercises.
In the meantime, try out the plank exercise in your next core strength workout!
Other Articles on the Core Strength Workout:
You should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program. As with any exercise or diet program, at any time you if experience any discomfort, pain or duress of any sort, stop immediately and consult your physician. The creators, producers, participants, advertisers and distributors of this program disclaim any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice within this blog. Thoroughly inspect any equipment or workout area as free of danger, flaw or compromise, ahead of use. The user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog.
While my greatest passions are health & fitness, writing and reading, I also love to spend time traveling with my wife, watching pro wrestling and playing guitar. I currently reside in Columbus, Ohio, with my wife, Kelli, and our rescue cat, Izzie.