Are you just starting exercise but don’t know exactly what exercise is appropriate for you? Wouldn’t you like simple exercises you can build a solid foundation in your beginner’s workout? Then, it’s about time I give you four simple exercises to build your beginner’s workout plan.
Master These 4 Beginner’s Workout Exercises
- Sit up straight on a reliable chair.
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart directly below your knees.
- Lean slightly forward and stand up.
- Pacing – Squat down for a 3-count, pause, then squat up for a 3-count.
- Place your knees on the ground.
- Lean forward, extend your arms and place your palms flat on the ground.
- Keep your body rigid from your feet to your shoulders throughout the movement.
- Bend at the elbows until your upper arms are parallel with the ground.
- Press through your palms and extend your arms.
- Pacing – Go down for a 3-count, pause, then push up for a 3-count.
- Get below a sturdy bar. The bar should be below armpit level, and your upper body parallel to the ground.
- Keep your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Tighten your midsection and forcefully breathe out as you pull your chest up to the bar.
- Pause, then breathe in as you slowly open your elbows and return to the ground.
- Pacing – Pull up for a 3-count, pause, then release downward for a 3-count.
- Lie on your back with your feet flat on the floor.
- Keep your knees bent.
- Gently place your fingertips behind your head with your elbows pulled back.
- Slowly press your ribs upward.
- Pause at your highest position.
- Slowly lay back.
- Pacing – Crunch up for a 3-count, pause, then release downward for a 3-count.
Many variations and full-color pictures are in my #1 best-selling The Beginner’s Workout Plan. If you have any issues with the movements, feel free to leave a comment below. In the meantime, stay tuned to DaleLRoberts.com for the next step in the beginner’s workout blog series. Remember to subscribe to this blog, so you get post updates. I’ll catch you on Thursday. Till later, rule your day!
(Excerpt featured in The Beginner’s Workout Plan)
This blog post proposes exercise recommendations and all readers should consult a qualified medical professional before starting this or any other health & fitness program. As with any exercise program, if you experience any discomfort, pain or duress, stop immediately and consult your doctor. The author of this blog post disclaims any liabilities or losses in connection with the exercises or advice herein. You should inspect any equipment or workout area in advance as free of danger, flaw or compromise. The user assumes all responsibility when performing any movements contained in this blog and waives the equipment manufacturer, makers, and distributors of the equipment of all liabilities.