Have you ever heard of close pushups?
Are you looking for a way to isolate your triceps…
AND, train your upper body?
Then, you may want to give close pushups a shot!
How to Do Close Pushups
- Place your hands close together on the ground.
- Point your toes into the ground, and extend your arms below your shoulders.
- Bend at the elbows until the upper arms are parallel to the floor.
- Then press through your palms and extend your arms.
- Look at your fingertips throughout the exercise to keep good posture.
- Breathe in while you go down, exhale while you come up.
How to Isolate Triceps
For isolating the triceps (back of the upper arm), allow your elbows to track…
Tuck your elbows into your ribs as you go down in a pushup.
You may find some exercises harder than others to perform with a close hand placement.
I find Hindu Push Ups easier in a close hand position.
See what’s your best fit with this exercise variation.
Is it Incline Push Ups with a close hand placement?
Or, Decline Push Ups with close hand positioning?
Want More Exercises Like Wide Pushups?
If you enjoyed this post, then subscribe to this blog for updates and notifications of new content.
Also, you may like one of many home workout plans available at http://dalelroberts.com/my-book-shelf.
In the meantime, let me know how you do with close pushups in the comments below!